The Kentucky Mule is a Southern twist on the classic Moscow Mule cocktail.
This refreshing drink stands out from the crowd thanks to its unique presentation in a frosty copper mug.
For the Kentucky Mule, You’ll Need: (With recommendations!)
- Copper Mug (Definitely not necessary, but advised!)
- 1.5-2.5 oz. Bourbon (Rye or other American whiskey will do) (Bang-for-your-buck: Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond. Mid-shelfer: Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace, or Russel’s Reserve. Top tier: Angel’s Envy, E.H. Taylor, or Balcones)
- .5-1.5 oz. Lime Juice
- 6 oz. Ginger Beer (I love Bundaberg, but Cock n’ Bull is the original!)
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill Copper Mug a little more than half way with ice
- Pour whiskey and lime juice together into Mug
- Top off with Ginger Beer to taste
- Garnish with lime wedge
For the vodka fan, try the original! See our Moscow Mule Recipe for an awesome Mule!
For tequila lovers, check out our Mexican Mule recipe!