The Moscow Mule, despite its name, is a classically American cocktail.
This refreshing drink stands out from the crowd thanks to its unique presentation in a frosty copper mug.
Dreamed up in the 1940’s, this drink technically belongs to the “buck” family of cocktails -a drink consisting of spirit, ginger beer (or ale), and citrus-, and can be endlessly tweaked depending on what spirits and ingredients you prefer.
For the classic Moscow Mule, You’ll Need: (With recommendations!)
- Copper Mug (Definitely not necessary, but advised!)
- 1.5-2.5 oz. Vodka (Bang-for-your-buck: Sobieski. Mid-shelfer: Tito’s or Crater Lake. Top tier: Hven or Jewel of Russia)
- .5-1.5 oz. Lime Juice
- 6 oz. Ginger Beer (I love Bundaberg, but Cock n’ Bull is the original!)
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill Copper Mug a little more than half way with ice
- Pour vodka and lime juice together into Mug
- Top off with Ginger Beer to taste
- Garnish with lime wedge
For tequila lovers, check out our Mexican Mule recipe!
For the whiskey fan, replace vodka with whiskey! See our Kentucky Mule Recipe for a truly awesome Kentucky Mule!